Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This

Yesterday I woke up with a stomach bug. I dropped three crying boys off at school, thwarted one son's escape attempt from said school, and killed a spider the size of my hand in my house. The power and water were out most of the day. I re-skinned my skinned knee, fixed my stove after the power came back on, picked up the shattered glass from our family photo that blew off the wall in the storm, and got into the passenger side of the car instead of the driver's side 3 times, .... Oh, and I stubbed my toe really badly!



It was a hard day, the kind that makes you just want to give up. But I SURVIVED! Even better, I felt extremely blessed as I fell asleep very early last night because ... Yesterday I also...

Fed a starving young boy a sandwich and gave him a little pocket change.
Was given three pages of handwritten English/Sesotho translation pages from my new little Basotho friends.
Safely drove my boys around town in our manual car, on the opposite side of the road, on the opposite side of the car... successfully.
Was able to help my boys complete their homework, make them dinner, bathe them, read to them, pray with them and put them into bed.

If I recognize all that can go wrong in one day, I must also acknowledge what has gone right!

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

4 comments:

Kiley said...

UGH!!!! and AMEN!!!!! I have had days like that - well, maybe not exactly like yours ;) "spider the size of your had" nope, never had to deal with that........ EEEEKKKK!!!
However, the day that you see light, God's hand, feel his arms around you - then the day that every single thing goes wrong. Yup, had those... We continue to pray for your wonderful family. We continue to miss your wonderful family. Big Big hugs to you. Praying that HE shows you more of those good days then not so good ones ;)

Jody said...

You have to shift with your left hand!!!!!! Crazy....that would be so hard.
Love to experience with you through your posts.
Praying for you.

mrharrell said...

We miss you all and Grace as well. Think of you each very often. Jody, YES! I am shifting with my left hand. The hardest part is dodging the people who love to stand in the road....usually right at the top of a hill! If it isn't evident enough we sure do rely on, and appreciate all your prayers.

Greenwald Flight Following said...

I needed to read this... today... and I am so grateful for your posts, your vulnerability and your utter reliance on God and praise for His provision and constant care. We moved into our first Indo home yesterday, at the end of a long day, in the rain, and I am so grateful to be here, and so exhausted, and so far out of my element that I can't even think straight most moments. But this post reminded me that in a matter of days, in a matter of time, and in the right spirit, I, too, can successfully pay bills, get to and from the market (with the correct items), and that God is with us. ALWAYS. Immanuel, God WITH us.