Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Pain of Picking up the Cross

As most of you are now aware, our family has embarked on yet another new and exciting journey in the name of following Christ's leading in our lives. This mentality has taken us across the ocean to Lesotho, Africa, where we've fallen deeply in love with the Basotho people. Now, our burdens to surrender every facet of our lives to Christ's calling is taking us to yet another foreign land and another foreign people. This latest mandate has been by far the hardest on each and every member of our family. It is painful to leave a life, and a people group God has specifically called you to, in order to follow after Christ's clear direction and leading in one's life, and in the lives of said people.



Next week, we will load up our Lesotho life and move into South Africa following absolutely nothing more than Jesus. We will say goodbye to precious boys we'd previously promised to never leave. When we made these promises, we never thought we would leave, but who were we to make such audacious statements? God had other plans. He's made them known. Jesus has asked us to pick up our crosses daily and follow HIM. And follow Him we will, because as much as we love the Basotho people, we Love Jesus more, and we know He has a plan to prosper these people. He used us for a while on the front lines in Lesotho, and now He has called us back, in order that HIS will and work, and not our own may be accomplished.

May it never be said we left Lesotho, because we did not love enough. May it never be thought we walked away, because it was too hard. May it never be entertained, that we accomplished anything in this place apart from the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ, and may our Basotho sons ALWAYS know they are loved beyond measure.  It all came from a place of Love…. Every practice, every ride, every meal, every hug, every admonishment, every dream, every game, every cheer, every prayer, every smile, every phone call, every sleepover, every trial, every storm, every memory, and every VICTORY, was love! May you, my dear boys, always know our love was, is, and will always be real! My prayer for you, my dear boys is this, that one day you will be able to look back on our time together and pick up your own crosses and follow Christ on your very own.
Kea u rata haholo bo abutie. Sala Hantle. Kea leboha.


I CORINTHIANS 13

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so happy to see your face!! I've written over and over, but I know the emails are not getting to you for some very strange and frustrating reason. I am praying for you all the time. God brings you to mind when I'm taking out the trash or on Sunday morning when I look for your face or when i open my fridge and see your sweet families faces. Elijah still remembers you all so well and really misses you! Email or FaceTime whenever you can. I love you all!!!!!!

Jody said...

I have emailed you a few times. Now I understand that you are not receiving a lot of your emails. I hope this gets through to you.
I would love to get your updates and some updates for the missions team I am on at church.
Praying for you and this transition. Miss you all!
Jody Cacioppo
Jcacioppo@live.com
Email me if you can and I can respond with info from the missions team.

Wendi leigh said...

Hello to you all from the Brooks Family in Boise. We are happy to know that you are all well! We pray for you and are so encouraged by the relationships you've built with these young boys. A special "hello" from Madi & Grace to Aron!

In Christ,
Wendi Brooks

mrharrell said...

Wendi!!! Hi! How are you? Aron still talks about your girls! How are Madi and Grace? Thank you for the prayers? We need them!!! Oh! How we need them!!!! Please continue to lift us up!