Monday, September 10, 2012

My First Attempt at Real Photography

There are two things I have always wanted to be able to do in life; sing, and take great pictures. I have never been able to do either. In fact, when I worked as a reporter I never left the newsroom without my trusty photographer, because the one time I did not take him and attempted to shoot a wreck on my own....none of the images were printable. Since then, I have had a healthy fear of messing up big photo ops, and rightfully so.

After I became a mom the desire to immortalize my baby boys was overwhelming. I tried photo shoots on my own. In fact, some of you have been privy to some less than stellar Christmas card shoots! I know I have never had what it takes to take great portraits, but this has never stopped me from trying.

Last Christmas my sweet husband bought me a very nice camera, that I know absolutely nothing about, but the lack of knowledge has never stopped me from jumping in with both feet. So, for nearly a year I have been shooting in random, hectic fashion, taking 10 shots of everything I wanted a good shot of, hoping that one would turn out. Isn't that what the professionals do after all?

This week I was introduced to the beauty and the wonder of what the right lighting, the right lens, and the proper setting on my Cannon Rebel T3 will produce. I am hooked! Who knew actually knowing what you are doing with a camera, and having the proper equipment would be so fun? So, thank you Jessica, Joy, Ashley, and Peters for showing me the light. I am sure I will have many more questions to ask in the future, but for now this girl is going lens shopping!!

Here are a few shots from my first mini shoot with a 50mm lens I borrowed from a friend! Thank you Jessica for affording me the opportunity to fulfill my life-long dream of being a, "real," photographer! Well, at least in my own mind.





In case you are wondering..YES! Aron has lost another tooth--unnaturally. Last week he got one snagged in a soccer goal net. He just yanked his head back, and pulled out his fourth tooth, none of which were loose in the slightest way. Oh, how we LOVE and PRAY for Aron Elijah! 



3 comments:

Mary Beth Price said...

Great job Megan!! I too wish I could take great pics but you are way better than I. I hope you are well and we miss you guys so much!!

Wendy said...

Great pictures! Your boys are so handsome and very photogenic!

Jessica said...

love them all!!!